Who are eligible for Green Olympiad exam ?
- Students participating in the contest should be affiliated, registered or recognized by the State or Central education boards or any International board school or college.
- Students desirous of participating in the contest should, prior to participating be registered with us through our website.
- All participating students should have computer and Internet connectivity with a minimum speed of 512 KBPS (non-shared ).
- For the online exam, each participant shall receive their individual registration ID to login individually.
- The top 500 scorers in each category ( Saplings , Plants )from overall schools and colleges shall be eligible to participate in the final round of the contest.
- The results of the final round shall be declared in the award ceremony only. We expect top students of round 1 should attend this award ceremony with a curious feeling. School and College management must take all necessary steps to bring the fellow students in the Grand award ceremony.
Selection and Results
- Top Score Method: In the normal course, the participant with the higher score in shortest time span for the given exam track will be shortlisted for next level. However, in the event of two or more participants getting the same score, the one who completes the same in the shortest time will be given priority in selection.
- The Decision of the Organizers in this regard shall be final and cannot be questioned.
- Green Olympiad managing committee may at their discretion at any stage change or include additional/ alternative test methods not previously disclosed for the Green Olympiad Online Exams at any or all levels. Participants may request for knowing latest selection criterion by sending a mail to info[at]greenolympiad.com
- The selection criteria of such tests will be announced prior to the date of examination for the applicable level.
- To ensure wider participation, Green Olympiad managing committee reserves an absolute and unquestionable right to restrict the number of entries per institute/ testing center in the India finals. No enquiries or petitions in this regard will be entertained.
- The top 500 scorers in each category from overall registered candidates shall be eligible to participate in the final round of the contest.
- The results of the final round shall be declared on the same day as the final contest at the award venue. Students along with their respective coordinators are expected to be present.
- The criterion for selecting a winner is the time taken to finish the examination. The candidate with the highest score in the minimum time shall stand selected.
Technical Requirements for conducting online exams of Green Olympiad
To attempt the online exam for Green Olympiad Round 1 each student must have
- Access to a computer with internet connectivity which in addition has to have a functioning keyboard and mouse.
- Computers / Laptops must have Internet connection of good speed (Minimum 512 KBPS dedicated) in order to appear for online exam.
- All applications such as OS , Browser etc should be of latest version.
- Image and Video display must be enabled for browser.
In this examination, audio device, microphone and/ or headphones are not needed
Green Olympiad exam supports the following operating systems with the latest available versions of the indicated browser(s):
- Linux / Ubuntu (12.0 or above)
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
- Macintosh OS X
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Note: Keep your computer updated with the latest available operating system and browser patches. Not doing so could be risky as it could prevent certain exam features from functioning as required.
- Java Applets
- Flash Player
- Audio technology
Green Olympiad does not support the use of Asian characters.
Popup setting for browser
This exam support sans-serif family fonts and UTF-8
- All participating students should provide minimum speed of 512 KBPS (non-shared).
- Minimum bandwidth as mentioned must be maintained for the duration of the test and must not be contended. A bandwidth checker could be used though only as a guide since its result is no guarantee that suitable bandwidth will be available for the session.
- Schools and Colleges with lower number of computers compared to aspiring students could conduct the examination in batches thus giving a chance to all its students. Alternatively or where the existing computers are not up to the desired levels, the school administration could conduct the proceedings of the examination at another location. Irrespective of the choice that a participating school and college makes, it is advisable to conduct the same to the extent possible in an area where one has complete control which could be one’s own school and college or any other location.
- Whatever decision the participating school and college takes, it should be communicated to Green Olympiad managing committee with full details.